Wit the city in my front lawn, the ocean in my backyard
Under unborn skies full of nostalgic stars
I'm gonna look back on these days, and laugh hard
At the b.s. sandwiched between the swipes of my time card;
The foolish thought of my career bein in this pipe yard;
The geniuses who disregard my intelligence--
Management, wanton women, the lesser men
The stepfather who did a poor job of steppin in;
All the apprehensive stares get a chuckle, too;
The angry words I swallowed-- they were tough to chew;
How I made it through the chaos to become a productive dude;
Without much ado, today will be tomorrow's punch line
Puncuating the foul sentence of woe that was life
Wit an accent so heavy in the hands of my grave ways
That it bends a smile out of my usually straight face.
KG
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
No comments:
Post a Comment